March 5-9, 2018 DNRS Seminar: At the time I started DNRS I felt I was 75% healed from Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. My burning pain was gone and I wasn’t taking pain meds daily anymore. I din’t have electricity shooting through me anymore either. YAY! I am still having severe insomnia and some anxiety. I have been using Kratom for the anxiety and any pain I might get. My Babesia symptoms are gone too.
1 month Update, April 2018: I have been very dedicated to doing the practice daily but have been significantly challenged so I hired a coach. The coach has been extremely helpful. I am understanding that the challenges I am having is completely normal because my limbic system is fighting the change. My brain has been stuck in this rut for 23 years so I don’t expect it to change overnight and it’s a learning process. I also started buddy rounds three weeks after the seminar. Buddy rounds have made a HUGE difference! I highly recommend them. My anxiety has gotten really bad. I’ve never had anxiety this bad before. So I am meditating more and tying to get my limbic system to calm down. Still at 75% healed.
2 month Update, May 2018: I’m still doing my minimum of one hour a day practice. I also do at least one buddy round a day. I am still having challenges. I believe my body was really fighting the changes. My anxiety was off the charts 24/7. It was so bad I could not stop my insides from shaking and I was throwing up a lot. And not from a migraine. But then the migraines started to get worse too. My doctor gave me some valium but the side effects were bad so I could not take it. I continue to use Kratom.
By the end of May my body was calming down a bit more. I continued my daily practice and meditation so now I am sleeping better. My insomnia was so bad before DNRS and nothing I took or did helped so this is really wonderful. I am extremely hopeful that in another month I will see more positive changes. Still at 78% healed.
3 month Update, June 18, 2018: I was struggling a bit to stay motivated so I contacted my coach again for more tips on dealing with the ebb and flow of recovery. When I had a bad moment or day my brain would automatically tell me that everything is bad. But it’s not true, I am seeing positive changes.
I put together a tool box of things to do when my brain is stuck in a negative and unwanted pattern.
Here’s is some of the tools in my tool box:
- Listening to music and dancing around my house.
- Painting rocks for my awareness project I started.
- Making jewelry.
- Watching a funny TV show or movie
- Laughter Yoga with my dog
- Playing in the yard with my dog.
- Write in my gratitude journal.
The goal is to catch the unwanted thought, acknowledge that it’s just my limbic system overreacting and redirect myself to a happy place. This has been very challenging for me but now it’s getting easier. Negative thoughts are like velcro and positive are like teflon. The negative sticks inside my brain easily and the positive just slides away.
It’s a learning process. My thoughts and behaviors have been stuck in the negative for 2 decades so I had to learn to pay attention to them and realize I can change them. It’s working! I more aware of the thoughts, patterns and behaviors and I have been successful at changing and redirecting them. So here are some successes:
- I am driving now! This is huge and I’m excited about it. My husband had to drive me everywhere most of the last 2 years. Now, I don’t feel like I am going to pass out all the time so I am completely comfortable behind the wheel.
- My brain fog is less. I am able to concentrate and follow conversations more.
- My brain is functioning better. I was capable of thinking through and processing financial information recently.
- I walk or hike now regularly.
- I do weekly beach walks with friends.
- I started Yoga again.
- My anxiety is less.
- I was able to go to a family dinner recently.
- I don’t do gluten-free anymore but I don’t think it was a problem for me anyways.
- I am saying YES to more things now. So my husband and I are going on a short vacation to Bend, Oregon with some friends.
- I continue to take supplements because I feel my body needs the support. But it’s only 5-6 vitamins and minerals a day. I never really took as many as most Lymies do because I think it’s too much for the body to handle. I probably was at 15 pills a day at the most but not for long. I can’t believe it when I hear someone say they take 60-80 pills a day.
- I continue some detoxing treatments because I feel amazing after and it is continuing to support my body.
I am 80% healed now.