The Lyme disease treatment guidelines from the CDC are outdated. Why are they not updating the guidelines?
The Lyme patients are the ones that have to suffer because of these outdated guidelines. Lyme patients are not getting access to treatment they need to get better because insurance companies won’t pay. Some Lyme doctors are suffering and have lost their medical licenses even through they are helping patients get better. It’s unbelievable!
The International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) has current guidelines that should be used for patients.
Lyme Disease Patients and Families:
- Needs better and more accurate testing.
- Need non-Lyme Literate MD’s to become educated.
- Need access to all available treatments including conventional and alternative or natural treatments.
- Need a vaccine developed for Lyme disease and it’s co-infections.
- Need doctors to believe their pain and other symptoms. It’s not “all in their head”. The pain is real.
- Need all medical professionals to acknowledge that Lyme disease exists everywhere in the world.
- Need all medical professionals to acknowledge that Lyme disease can “mimic” over 300 diseases.
- Need more funding for research to find a cure.
- Need everyone to show compassion when others say they have any illness or live with chronic pain.
- Need everyone to do the #lyme4Lime, #Lymediseasechallenge